Saturday, September 5, 2009

A nice suprise

On the day we moved into our new place I found a package waiting for me on the front step. I knew what it was and with some hesitation I opened it up to find my advanced copies of my latest book "Paul Revere's Ride" for Picture Window Books. Usually I am thrilled to receive my free copies after a long 6 month wait after completing the art. The illustrations were finished earlier this year and I took the project on because I liked the subject and had lots of great photo reference from a trip to Boston several years ago. Places like Paul Revere's house, the Old North Church, etc. Overall it was a fun project but I was saddened at the end because the format of the book changed and they had to fit all of my art that was tall into a wider horizontal format. Much cropping and altering at the publisher took place which for any illustrator sends shivers down our spines. So when I received the books I wasnt really that excited until I saw the cover design, which I think is really cute and the color of my art looks good. So its a mixed bag but overall I like it. If you would like to buy a copy visit the publishers website at www.picturewindowbooks.com. Here is the cover image and a view of my set of copies.



No comments:

Post a Comment